The 200

1968 200 block
1975 250 head machined for 1.75″ intake valves and hardened seats
Tri-power with 1940s Carter B&B carburetors, progressive linkage
170ci adjustable rocker arms
Clay Smith 274 108 hydraulic cam
JP billet dual roller timing chain
Clifford split header
Petronix electronic ignition conversion

IMG_7663

IMG_7511

Advertisements

$50 engine

I picked up a mostly complete 200 I6 for $50 to use in the car until I finish the engine I’m building. It only needed a carburetor, so I installed an Autolite 2100 with a 2bbl adapter to get it running. I got it to fire up on ether and it sounds healthy, now I need to get it running off the carburetor and put it in the car.
IMG_7080
IMG_7078

Shaved door handles continued

I shaved the door handle on the passenger side. This time I decided to cut out and patch the two small areas instead of cutting out a large section like I did on the driver side. It turned out much better, and it was easier to do the filler work. First I cut out the sections, then I traced the pieces onto some flat sheet metal. I cut out the patch to a larger size than what I traced to allow for fine trimming for a better fit. Then I wire wheeled everything to bare metal and used welding magnets to position the patches. I welded the patches in place slowly, and used compressed air to slightly cool the panel after every few welds. After everything was welded, I ground down all the welds and sanded the whole area to bare metal. I applied some body filler in several coats to prevent cracking and air bubbles, then sanded it smooth.
IMG_6992
IMG_6993
IMG_6994
IMG_6995
IMG_6996
IMG_6997
IMG_6998
IMG_6999
IMG_7000
IMG_7001
IMG_7002
IMG_7003

Paint

I painted the roof and deck lid Gloss Royal Blue. I used Rustoleum paint through a Harbor Freight HVLP gun. It turned out decent, it will be good enough until I can get the bodywork perfect and paint it Dynasty Green.
IMG_6959